29 June 2005

I'm alive and I'm free, who wouldn't wanna be me?

updates! huzzah!

yep, life is still FABULOUS. at work (which is bleh, by the way) we rotate with cleaning duties -- well, on a volunteer basis. and you get $100 for doing it. no taxes, just a check. so I took the duties this week and told jarom I'd split the money with him if he helped me. which means yesterday, and today, and tomorrow we've been cleaning for about an hour in the afternoon.

yesterday after we were done, we went to lagoon valley park, and had a wonderfully pleasant walk along the trail. saw a big turtle swimming, two smaller turtles sunning themselves, an egret, some eagles...and some dragonflies. jarom claims he can catch dragonflies, "but not the small ones." yeah. suuuuure. :) we sat on a picnic table and talked for a while, and semi-almost-cuddled, then as we were heading back to his house he invited me to stay for dinner. afterwards we looked at all his mission pictures, and talked, and talked more with his parents. oh yeah and he said he wants to take me on a DATE! the word finally came up! I told him it doesn't have to cost money, and in fact the lagoon valley walk could've been considered a date, but he maintains that he wants to take me out to dinner and a movie and that sort of thing. which, hey, I'm fine with that. I just love spending time with him. ahhh.

today we were trying to find a mop at work, and finally went in to ask mick sr if there was another somewhere...well, you know how mick sr talks forever; but he's taken a liking to jarom (me too) and told him to come in tomorrow to talk to mick jr about a job. so that should be fun. when we were done we took a short drive up through gordon valley, just talking. I had a notebook in the backseat with my list of things to accomplish (I know I haven't posted any lately), so he read that. hopefully he's trying to think of how we could do some of them like watch a sunset on the beach. that'd be awesome.

anyway, he keeps telling me I look nice and he always gives me these superb hugs and they're getting longer. even though a part of my brain thinks this whole situation is so...surprising, so how-is-this-really-possible, most of the time it feels...normal. absolutely amazing, but not unexpected or strange.

he likes me :)

No comments: