22 August 2007

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

by Jeff Kinney

I first saw this book in the "Recommended" section of People magazine (someone left a copy lying around the office). And last time I was at the library I happened to see it on the shelf while I was looking for a different book. So, the Romgi and I checked it out to read together.

It's definitely a fun book. The author does a really good job of capturing the middle school mentality. Even better, the drawings are hilarious. I guess the whole thing is adapted from a web comic. You can find the first few pages of the book at http://www.funbrain.com/.

Even though it was a quick read, it was well worth an hour of laughing. Read it...and remember why you're glad to not be in middle school anymore.

2 comments:

Sposita said...

you can read the WHOLE THING there! Beware!

Mika said...

'sposita, you opened my eyes! The library book is the first of 5 books that will be published, and the story online is much more extensive than what I read in the book. Now I have something to do at work!