26 February 2006

experiments

I wish I could find my usb cable so I could upload the pictures we took. jarom and I have been experimenting lately.

1. grapes in the microwave. we weren't cutting them quite right at first, so we just got sparks flying. then we found out the better way to slice them to make plasma balls. yeah. in the microwave. coolest thing ever, except I feel bad using our brand new microwave. next time we'll do it in jarom's ollllllld one.

2. mentos + diet coke. we'd seen so many videos on google, but somehow managed to not do it perfectly. still, we did get a 5-foot-high fountain of diet coke. it's still on sale for $1/bottle at smith's, so tomorrow I'm going to buy more. and more mentos. definitely.

3. peeps. of course everyone knows they're lots of fun in the microwave, but then we got to wondering about their chemical properties. here were the battles and the winners:
peep vs. box of matches: peep
hairspray-soaked peep vs. fire: peep
lighter-fluid-soaked peep vs. fire: peep
flammable-bug-spray-soaked peep vs. fire: peep
kerosene-soaked peep vs. fire: peep
all in all, peeps are just remarkably resilient. I found this website that further tests the chemical properties of peeps, and I say we need to get our hands on some liquid nitrogen pretty quick.

so that's what we've been up to. I'll add the pictures when I can.

No comments: