01 January 2006

respite

today my sister discovered, unhappily, that respite is pronounced reh-spit. not reh-spite or ree-spite or ree-spit or anything like that. she went on and on about how her ocd doesn't handle it well when she's had a word in her head for a long time and then she finds out it's not really pronounced that way. ocd this, ocd that. sometimes I really do wonder.

at any rate, the new year is off to a decent start. my dress is coming along alright; krista and my mom were extremely helpful. krista even stayed until 12:30 working on it with me. I think it should be done in time. with any luck I'll get it done tomorrow, hopefully by early evening, and then I've got to clean my room. a lot. julia deserves so much better than this. I really hope we get to see a bit of san francisco, but if the weather is bad it seems like probably not. maybe by thursday it will be less rainy. we put sandbags outside our garage this evening, though the rain has stopped now.

it's late. I should go. here is my "2006 began well" face:


Posted by Picasa

No comments: