05 July 2005

date update

most times are estimates, since I didn't have a watch and was unconcerned about the time...

5:00 picked me up at my house.
5:15 food at the athenian grill in suisun. they mixed up our orders (lamb souvlaki/beef souvlaki) and we didn't figure it out until he told me to try some of the lamb.
6:00 walk along the marina. talked, played with cattails, etc.
6:30 sat on bench by marina. talked, watched the occasional cyclist, etc.
7:00 went to wal-mart. he didn't tell me what he was looking for...but finally he had to ask a salesman where to find: kites!
7:30 arrived at the field at good ol' armijo and tried piecing together our kites (his was a tiger, mine was an awesome-looking sky monster).
8:30 went on drive out to wooden valley road.
8:50 headed part of the way up to twin sisters; pulled over where there was a gorgeous view. the sun was most of the way down. talked. listened to the wind and the crickets. cuddled.
9:30 drove back to my house for homemade strawberry ice cream.
10:00 walked out to his car to get my kite; glorious hug and he asked me if he warranted a second date. yes of course!

ah, enthusiasm. and twitterpation. it was one of the best dates I've ever been on (not that I have a whole ton to compare to), and we got to fly kites! he gets lots of bonus points :)

anyway, I realize this is not as monumental to everyone else, but it was my first date with jarom hillery and it went awfully well. tomorrow a group of us are going bowling, then to denny's, and I said I'd give him a ride. for now, bedtime! sorry for the lovesick ramblings.

love,
mika-mikasa.

No comments: